One of two aviation fuel installation of the WW2 airfield still in use.
History : 1917/18 33rd Training Wing, RFC. 1918 building work carries on with quarters for Officers, Sergeants, Men & a Women's hostel. No6 Training Depot was formed here as a day bomber school. Many Americans were also trained here at this time. By the end of WW1 the site had not been completed.