INFORMATION:

History : 1919 with the war over Boscombe Down was put into Care & Maintenance, many of the buildings were remove and sold off. 1926 and it all changes again and the airfield is bought back by the Air Ministry as a permanent RAF Station with two bombing squadrons. An 'A' type hangar was added to the line of hangars and the eastern GS shed was removed and another 'A' type placed there.

Above : an 'A' type hangar at RAF Netheravon.

   
 
Old Side Entrance RAF Boscombe Down Wiltshire
   
 
Home | Richard@ | Support@ | GuestBook | Mailing list | Updates | Links

 

Google
Search Google Search Atlantikwall.co.uk