INFORMATION:

RAF Clyffe Pypard main entrance and Nemo Farm . First there was a guard room and then the fire tender shed.

History
: opened in August 1941 as a training establishment, No. 29 EFTS (Elementary Flying Training School) . A grass airfield, all accommodation was temporary brick TB or wooden huts. Four Bellman hangars and about 15 Blister hangars. Closed in 1947 but the accommodation was used into the 1960's by RAF Lyneham and the Army also used it for battle practice. Now it is only farming.

   
 
Main Gate RAF Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire
   
 
Home | Richard@ | Support@ | GuestBook | Mailing list | Updates | Links

25 May 2004

Google
Search Google Search Atlantikwall.co.uk