INFORMATION:

Another view of the control tower.
158Sqn RAF.
History : post-war Rufforth was retained by the RAF for use as a gliding school. A motor racing track was buit on the site opening for racing on the 28th March 1959. It closed in 1977. Rufforth was used by No. 60 Maintenance Unit for storage before the RAF finally departed in November 1974 and the airfield was sold in July 1981.

   
 
Control Tower RAFRuforth, Yorkshire
   
 
Home | Richard@ | Support@ | GuestBook | Mailing list | Updates | Links

06 April 2007

Google
Search Google Search Atlantikwall.co.uk